Re: question about proxy firewall

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 08:09:14PM +0200, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:

> Just FYI, TIS was the company founded by Marcus Ranum which provided the
> firewall toolkit (see www.fwtk.org). The FWTK was the basis for the first
> commercial firewall: Gauntlet [1]. FWTK is not "free" in any sense, see
> http://www.fwtk.org/fwtk/download/downloading.html#1.3

Founded by Stephen T. Walker, I think, although mjr was one of/the
author of FWTK. The only Google refernce I can find to his title was
"Engineering Manager." Marcus went on to V-One, followed by founding
Network Flight Recorder.

The early FWTK was free in the sense of free beer, and came with source.
That changed with later releases of the code.

Bob