Re: The same debian - different packages

przemolicc@poczta.fm écrivait :
> openssh (1:3.4p1-2) unstable; urgency=high
>   * Get a security-fixed version into unstable
>   * Also tidy README.Debian up a little
>  -- Matthew Vernon <matthew@debian.org>  Fri, 28 Jun 2002 17:20:59 +0100

Ok, Google "says" there was such a version, but it was from unstable!
May be one day you tried something like "apt-get install -t unstable ssh"...
Or did you put some unstable sources for apt...?

Anyway, this version does exist, but not in stable. If you want to come back
to standard stable upgrades, you may force downgrade to the last stable
upgrade (apt-get install ssh=1:3.4p1-1.woody.3) then check your apt sources
and "apt-get update" again. Finaly, you should check "apt-policy ssh" to see
what is the candidate for the next "apt-get upgrade".

Anybody could give a hint on the right way to clean an entry from
"/var/lib/dpkg/status"? I've not investigated so "far" until now... :)
Is this using "dselect update" or thing like this? (I never use dselect)

Regards, J.C.
--
Jean Christophe ANDRÉ <jean-christophe.andre@auf.org> http://www.vn.refer.org/
Coordonnateur technique régional / Associé technologie projet Reflets