Re: MS BS + Sorting out the virii

Am Mittwoch, 24. September 2003 02:14 schrieb Bernd Eckenfels:
> In article <[🔎] 200309240154.42462.th.ritter@gmx.net> you wrote:
> > And... a mail with a positive virus recognition can be deleted without
> > having to fear it's a false positive,
> umm... what makes you think so?

Okay, it's not absolutely safe, but for home mail accounts... I'll test it a
while and if it doesn't recognize anything wrong for some time, I think I'll
start autodeleting those mails. With the account I'm posting from, it's 198
MB of Gibe.F Mails since Monday, 20 MB alone in the 7 hours of sleep last
night, presenting a "your Mailbox is full" notice by my email provider.

By the way, having "Worm.Gibe.F FOUND" and "X-Virus-Found: yes" pasted in the
mail header by clamav should be a safe shot for deletable mails at least for
me. The only reason to autodelete mails in a private mailbox would be masses
of those mails anyway, so a new worm on the loose should be worth a filter
entry. But on the other hand, maybe, I 'll just push them into a folder and
mark them read...

Greetings,
--
Thomas Ritter

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin