Re: MS BS

On Monday, Sep 22, 2003, at 16:22 US/Pacific, Josh Carroll wrote:

One solution is to use spamassassin, and in your
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs, do the following:

Actually, I wish to stop the entire procedure at the SMTP level.

However, I have found my answer. I had to increase
message_body_visible from 5000 bytes to 15000 bytes.
In the test message I used, the unwanted Content-Type
header with the .exe file occurred somewhere around the
13924th byte. (Praise wc!)

This means that on average the filter system will be
examining 15k of every message that is received.

I'll have to see if this is too much overhead for my system.
The debian-security list is the most active of all my incoming
mail, so I think I'll be okay. ;oP

---
Random fortune:
You'll wish that you had done some of the hard things when they were easier to do.