Re: MS BS

Ted Roby wrote:

My secalert account for these lists is being drenched with 40 to 70 of these fake Microsoft Update emails per day. My filters on my client dump them to a Junk folder, but I would prefer it if my Exim filter would do the job at the server level instead. I am running Nigel Metheringham's system_filter.exim.

The single part MIME filter doesn't seem to catch it though. What are others on this list using or doing to blatently block this stuff? There is no valid .exe I could receive, ever.

Amavis. If you're just running Linux boxes, you can skip the anti-virus programs, and just use the banned_filenames. If you have users who are on Windoze machines, add in clamav, and you've got a free AV solution that's pretty good.

There's others that should work fine to... look into MIMEDefang, (I think that's what it's called).

---
The human race is a race of cowards; and I am not only marching in that
procession but carrying a banner.
                -- Mark Twain

--Rich

Rich Puhek