Re: Watch out! vsftpd anonymous access always enabled!

Hi Dan (& list)

Quoting Daniel Jacobowitz (dan@debian.org):
> 1.2.0-3 is in incoming, or remove the pam_ftp line.

Thanks! (I've migrated to $other_ftpd for the time being, but will switch
back)

> If you're running something in situations that could be "quite a
> disaster", I suggest you immediately rething using the version of
> vsftpd from _unstable_.

I know what risks I take running unstable. I also don't blame anyone in
person here ;) If Debian would have a faster release cycle, or a better way
to run more current software; yes, I'd run stable (I do, on a couple of
machines where keeping up with the latest and greatest is less important).
With a distribution where the release cycle is so slow, that it doesn't
include widely accepted, stable, current software in their stable tree,
many people are almost forced to run unstable. Which in turn, makes
releasing software for unstable, a more precice job - as loads of people
depend on it. Being careless with unstable packages makes unstable actually
*more* unstable, attracts less testers, and slows the release cycle.

(which is why (IMHO!) Debian should split into a mean and lean base project
with a quick release cycle and a smaller core team, and side projects for
the stuff that runs on it)

Greets,
	Robert
--
    '-.' oo '.-' Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?!