Re: [sec] Re: Strange segmentation faults and Zombies

Christian Storch wrote:
The problem is starting >>before<<

I think all the things >>before<< phpshell.php are done via
phpshell.php and the things you can see in the .bash_history
are only the things after he already got in.

id
mkdir /etc/.rpn

you should think about all what's listening on a port:
- an outdated sshd? (!)

It was a NOW outdated sshd but I believe that the new packages weren't
availiable on sunday - after getting the DSA-mails i usually update my
systems.

- security updates all up to date?

the same state as DSA announcements

- known unclosed security hole?

It seems that it was possible to upload & execute .php-files somewhere
(phpshell.php)

- some nice scripts like 'rootshell.php'? ;)

no. at least not found till now.

- perl without tainting checks in cgi-bin?

what exactly do you mean? how can i do/check that?

thanks, markus

etc.
etc.

Christian