Re: Remote update of ssh(d)

Hi again,

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 12:32, Philipp Hartmann wrote:

> Afterwards I noticed, that the Version which sshd reports was still
> the old one. /etc/init.d/ssh restart seemed to have no effect.
> Presumably caused by my ssh connection, which was ((and had to be) still
> established. The top process of sshd was not killed/replaced.

Everything works fine now.
I found the problem: The file /var/run/sshd.pid was missing.
Why? Actually, I don't know. This shouldn't happen and it took a while
to get the clue.
But this has been the reason for the error.

Sorry for any confusion or rising blood pressure I caused with my mail.

Regards,
Philipp