Re: Remote update of ssh(d)

hi!

* Philipp Hartmann <phiHar@gmx.de> [2003-09-18 12:35]:

> Afterwards I noticed, that the Version which sshd reports was still
> the old one. /etc/init.d/ssh restart seemed to have no effect.
> Presumably caused by my ssh connection, which was ((and had to be) still
> established. The top process of sshd was not killed/replaced.

i cannot confirm this. i did the same thing yesterday (remote sshd update
on several boxes). after installing the new version and a restart i logged
in using ssh -v from another console to check if

- the new version was running
- i could still log in

both things went ok.

then i closed the session from the first connection.

greetings
--
Jogi Hofmüller <jogi_AT_mur_DOT_at>
http://mur.at/