Re: Verisign and Bind update

On Thursday 18 September 2003 11:01, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> [2003-09-18 10:48]:
> > rndc stops working for me. Anybody else seen this?
>
> have you checked the documentation that comes along with the update?
>
> > root@zbasel:/etc/bind# /etc/init.d/bind9 reload
> > rndc: connect failed: connection refused
>
> for me, it worked fine after doing the modifications "recommended" in
> the short doc.

Is anything in the changelog.Debian.gz? Check. No.
Is there a NEWS.Debian? Check. No.
What is in README.Debian?
 - upgrading from bind 8.x - does not apply
 - Upgrading from earlier bind9 packages (prior to
version 1:9.2.0-2 to be more precise) - does not apply.

No, I don't find anything that hints to this problem.

cheers
-- vbi (Yes, I could fix it - wrote so in my other mail).

--
No good deed goes unpunished.