Re: ssh vulnerability in the wild

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 11:26:52AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 04:00:30PM +0100, Thomas Horsten wrote:
> >Is there an emergency patch/workaround for this, if disabling ssh is not
> >an option?
>
> No.

Actually, there is a patch for buffer.c:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/crypto/openssh/buffer.c.diff?r1=1.1.1.6&r2=1.1.1.7&f=h

I've applied that patch to woody's ssh source, rebuilt it, and installed
it on a number of servers already.  Hopefully that's the patch for this
particular exploit.  Not having seen the source code for the exploit, I
have no idea what is being exploited.

Steve