Re: 2.4.21 IPSEC problems

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Herbert Xu wrote:
> John Leach <john@johnleach.co.uk> wrote:
> > I haven't been able to get Linux to send any ESP packets at all yet.
> Your setkey command is probably incompatible with your kernel.
>
> Try recompiling setkey from the upstream source.  If you use the
> Debian source then you must make sure that the header files are
> really coming from the kernel as opposed to the copy included in
> the Debian package.

Herbert, it would be a Very Good Thing if Debian sarge shipped IPSEC ready
to go out-of-the-box (provided one installed the correct packages and
configured them, I suppose).

Are we at that stage yet?  What is needed to get IPSEC as included in your
kernel images to work out-of-the-box (after configured), without the need
for anything not packaged in Debian?

  Henrique Holschuh