Re: ftp.gnu.org cracked
- To: Matt Zimmerman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: ftp.gnu.org cracked
- From: Robert Millan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:18:22 +0000
- Message-id: <20030819121822.GM1816@aragorn>
- In-reply-to: <20030818135816.GA8713@alcor.net>; from email@example.com on dl, ago 18, 2003 at 13:58:16 +0000
- References: <20030818025155.GF473@aragorn> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030818135816.GA8713@alcor.net>
On 18/08/03 13:58:16, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
If we're going to make a statement about it, we should have some facts
release. For example, if someone would like to verify the validity of
GNU source tarballs that we ship against the checksums published by
that would be great.
I think this is a task for the respective maintainers of GNU software
in Debian, but if someone pops up that'd really help.
My suggestion otherwise is that someone sends an alert message to -
- maintainers of GNU software in Debian should verify the correctness
of their packages in the Debian archive.
- Debian members who accessed a Debian machine from gnuftp are
encouraged to change their password.
"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and
in the thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery;
wherefore he gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever
on to some new work."
-- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)