Re: snmp packets

ok, this turned out to be some HP remote managment/alert service coded into the hardware, the network card itself. no surprise i couldn't identify any process on my system! and this goes to show, you'd better have a look at your hardware, _before_ you install it some 100 kilometers away ;)

best,
ub

Olaf Dietsche wrote:

ulrich berthold <uberthold@enaikoon.de> writes:

"SCAN Proxy (8080) attempt" the next outstanding alarm message was a
"SNMP public access udp". i looked into it and to my surprise found
out, that these packages are originating on the server's external
interface and going to two (nonexistent) privat ip addresses 10.0.1.80
and 10.1.0.80, about every other hour. i ngrepped the packages and