Re: Firewall with iptables and forwarding

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:48:27 +0200  Linux <linux@worreby.ch> scribed:
:>Hi
:>
:>Have anybody a good recommendation for an easy to use firewall with port
:>forwarding ?
:>
:>I got a home network with a dedicated (Debian of course) firewall box with
:>ADSL connected, and ipmasq package installed.
:>
:>My problem is that I don't know HOW I should put in the various rules in
:>ipmasq => Which makes me look for something simpler or some examples or tips.
:>
:>What I want to do is open up for incoming mail and http to be able to access
:>my mailserver and internal webserver from internet, but not necessarily on
:>the standard ports but some other ones.
:>
:>Any suggestions or recommendations ?
:>

Firestarter is a good choice (IMHO).
Has a nice GUI / Druid approach and writes a human readable config script.
you may allocate / block any port etc.

http://firestarter.sourceforge.net

:>--Robert
:>