Accounts for client programs

Is it possible to run all programs including clients (browser, mp3
player, compiler, ...) under separate accounts just like servers? Would
it be possible to add this as an option when installing the system?

The problem I have there, I am developer (but not debian developer) and
I have full write access to binaries that I compile. Now if I exchange
binaries with other developers, this creates environment for viruses,
doesn't it?

Is the game with accounts useful for something? If so, why is there so
much panic about "run as few services as possible"? Let's say I don't
care about halting and damage (as far as I know who did it), I care
about data changes and reprogramming. Do accounts suffice?