Re: Firewall with iptables and forwarding

Quoting Linux <linux@worreby.ch>:

> Hi
>
> Have anybody a good recommendation for an easy to use firewall with
> port forwarding ?
>
> I got a home network with a dedicated (Debian of course) firewall box
> with ADSL connected, and ipmasq package installed.
>
> My problem is that I don't know HOW I should put in the various rules
> in ipmasq => Which makes me look for something simpler or some
> examples or tips.
>
> What I want to do is open up for incoming mail and http to be able to
> access my mailserver and internal webserver from internet, but not
> necessarily on the standard ports but some other ones.
>
> Any suggestions or recommendations ?
>
> --Robert

Robert,

I have been using gshield for a couple of years now and I really like
it.  It has an easy to understand config file that will give you the
options you are looking for.  There is a seperate script for creating
forwarding rules, gforward.pl, from the web site.  Take a little time to
read the docs and it should be clear.

The web site has all the good detail.
http://muse.linuxmafia.org/gshield.html

It is packaged in Debian testing at gshield_2.8-10_i386.deb.  For me, it
went right into my stable machines with no problems.

There are several other packages around so don't be afriad to try
several a find the one that fits you.

--
Bill