crypto filesystem

hi,

recently i set up a crypted filesystem and use it already successfully.
'cause i'm lazy, i've always used the option "-p" when initializing the loop-device via losetup:

losetup -k 128 -p 12 -e serpent /dev/loop6 /dev/sdb2

that way, i don't have to type in the passphrase manually (instead, the passphrase is taken from the file located on inode#12).

now i changed my mind and really _want_ to type in the passphrase manually. but losetup seems not to accept it. there is no error message like "wrong pw" or so but the following mount (right after losetup) is failing, which leads me to the assuption that losetup has not recognized the passphrase and the loopdevice was not set up correctly, hence the mount fails.

the "-p" option is not that much documented in the manpage, am i missing an important fact about it?

yes, and it's no typo here, the passphrase is right :-)

any hints?

Thanks,
Christian.