Re: recommendations for FTP server

Quoting Marcus Frings (iam-est-hora-surgere@fuckmicrosoft.com):

> Maybe <http://www.linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/security/ftp-daemons> will
> help you to make a good decision.

Hey, thanks, Marcus!

That file reflects (and disclaims) my prejudice that anonymous ftp remains
A Good Thing (see: http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/linux-info/ftp-justification),
and that either scp or ftp-ssl (or, I guess, sftp) is perfectly adequate
for non-anonymous file transfers.

OS coverage for scp is basically universal:
http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/security/ssh-clients
Of course, no doubt some people will whine about scp not doing
file-browsing.  Some front-ends can kludge that capability anyway
(SecPanel, KSSH, KDESSH, ssh-gui, and GPuTTY for X11/*ix, Fugu for
Mac OS X / Cocoa, FileZilla and Secure iXplorer for Win32) -- or
you can try ftp-ssl or sftp.

Don't forget, too, about the FISH protocol, as implemented in Midnight
Commander, KD3 3.1's kio_fish plugin, and lftp (ftp-like browsing over
generic SSH transport).

http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/linux-info/fish-protocol

--
Cheers,              First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing, for
Rick Moen            verbing weirds language.  Then, they arrival for the nouns