Re: Follow up on the NCSDRecover DDOS perl script

Robert,

	The only way to truly recover from a break-in, is to fully restore the system
from a trusted medium. That being said, here's what your script does:

1) Hide it's name in the process table as '/usr/sbin/nscd             ' (100
spaces).

2) Bind to UDP port 1337 in order to receive control information and wait.
For this script to take any action, 3 arguments must be supplied: password,
command, and at least one argument. For some commands two arguments are
needed.

ping:		Sends a single udp packet to $arg1 on port $arg2. This packet contains
		the word 'pong', followed by the output of 'uname -mnrs'.

redir: 	Redirect a $localport to a remote $host an port.

shell:        open a shell on a supplied port. The shell will be opened with
		the permissions of the user running the crontab (www-data), but
		root may then be attainable by a number of local exploits. ptrace is
		the first and easiest that comes to mind.

udp:		Sends a string containing 1337 copies of:
'Mess with the best - die like a
 rest!'
		as often as possible to a supplies $host for a given amount of $time. The
		destination port is random.
		** Shouldn't it be 'Mess with the best - die like the rest!' anyway? I guess
		we haven't messed with those that are best at grammar.

ddns:	Begins a DOS attack to a specified dns $host, for a given amount of
		$time.

die:		If the correct password is supplied, this script will exit.

		Hope it helps clear things up.
				--jordan