Re: Secure Proxy

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 11:42:33PM +0100, Ian Goodall wrote:
> Which is the best proxy server to use on debian? I have heard that
> squid is not secure...

Can you provide a reference for that statement?  It certain seems secure
to me At least, I've never had any boxes cracked as a result of it, and
there are no outstanding (known) security issues for it.

Or by "secure" do you mean that traffic between the client and the proxy
is encrypted and/or authenticated using strong crypto?  I use IPsec for
that, which is convinent because it allows me to use whatever proxy
server I want.

noah