Re: a weird script worm uploaded via php with debian 3.0 ?

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 02:58:27PM -0500, Robert Ebright wrote:
> Hello,
> I logged in to my server today to find that
> /usr/sbin/ncsd was running about 50 copies,
> since I don't have BIND installed, obviously
> something was up...they were also running with
> the user www-data...
> After a little bit of research I found a new
> crontab entryFile: /tmp/crontab.XXXXLYukbF
> 0 * * * * /tmp/.nscdrecover

Hi

I dont have any information about your trojan, but i can give you a
solution (also a good security practice)

Mount /tmp in a separate partition with the noexec flag in fstab

This will disable most of the trojans

Best regards

--
Celso González