Re: Re[2]: apache

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 09:49, Martynas Domarkas wrote:
> An, 2003-06-10 13:46, Dominik Schulz rašė:
> > Perhaps I've got you wrong but wouldn't
> > --- snip ---
> > TransferLog "| /usr/sbin/rotatelogs /var/www/domain.tld/logs/domain.tld-%Y-%m-%d_access.log 604800"
> > --- end ---
> > do it?
> >
> > Martynas Domarkas <md@hansa.lt> wrote on 10 Jun 2003 13:02:55 +0300:
> >
> > > An, 2003-06-10 12:56, Teun Vink raðë:

> > > Thanks a lot. This is nice solution, but I still like apache do the job,
> > > and let logrotate simpy rotate /var/log/apache/*.log. I feel like I have
> > > seen somewhere some piece of shell command in httpd.conf.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Pagarbiai
> > > IT sistemø administratorius
> > > Martynas Domarkas
> > > tel.: +370 698 44331
> > >

> > > --
> >

> > Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards
> > Dominik Schulz
> >

> Yes, of course. But in this case I will invoke rotatelogs... I don't
> like it.
>

> --
> Pagarbiai
> IT sistemų administratorius
> Martynas Domarkas
> tel.: +370 698 44331

IIUC, you are wanting to control the file name applied to rotated logs
from Apache, but you seem to be of the belief that Apache itself is
rotating the log files. Unless this has been added since I last read
through the the Apache configuration documentation, I don't remember
seeing the log rotation functionality being part of it (although I last
read through the documenttation in entirety several years back.) It is
handled by a separate package, on Debian most commonly logrotate,
regardless of the name applied to the rotated file.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org