Re: Default Apache install not fit for multiple domains/users

Woon Wai Keen @ doubleukay.com wrote:
maybe you can try what i've used , which basically is :
#1 - mod_diffprivs

Wow, this is really exciting! Thank you very much!

I immediately downloaded and compiled it. Now my httpd.conf looks like this:

<VirtualHost x.x.x.x>
    ServerAdmin tag@domain.de
    ServerName domain.de
    ErrorLog /var/www/domain.de/log/domain_de-error.log
    CustomLog /var/www/domain.de/log/domain_de-access.log full

    Privs tag users "/var/www/domain.de"
    DocumentRoot "/html"
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /html/cgi-bin/
    PrivsGroups On
</VirtualHost>

The problem i have now, with this setup, is that i obviously can't run apache as a user. Something is enforcing it to run above a guid limit of 1000. This is the message I get whet I do a /etc/init.d/apache restart:

Syntax error on line 1025 of /etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Miminal allowed gid is 1000, but used 100 for users
failed

What can I do about this?

Your Truly,
Toni