Re: Keeping files away from users

> We'd like to protect that content, so that even if someone unplugs the machine
> and connects the HD to another Linux box, they can't access that information.
 Hm? Maybe you need encrypted filesystem, something like cfs?
With schemes like this there are problems - you need to provide some kind
of password on boottime, if you want your machine to boot automatically
you're SOL.

> Of course it's difficult to do, but we think there might be a possibility to
> achieve success.
 The only way I see you can do this sort of thing is to provide some
network server that would provide password. It would go something like this
- machines boots, ask your server about password, decrypts the data.
This way unplugging machine brings no immediate results.
But if someone takes control of the machine they can fool you into providing
them with a password.

--
Dariush Pietrzak,
She swore and she cursed, that she never would deceive me