RE: question squid + firewall + http server inside firewall

Could there be other rules in the firewall interfering
with this?

I tend to use tcpdump a lot to find out which packets
the firewall machine is seeing.

If what I originally described is happening then you'll
see packets leave the firewall to the http server but no
packets will return (they'll go directly to the internal
machine).

If the above rule is functioning then you'll see the
being blocked by some other rule.

It helps also to log what is happening as far as the http
server is concerned. And simialrly on the machine making
the requests.

This is how I diagnosed my problem.

Michael

--