Re: iptables rule to drop from sources that are -nat postrouting from the outside to inside

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 11:19:24PM -0500, Hanasaki JiJi wrote:
> I have a nat postrouting rule that passes traffice from the outside
> world to an internal host to handle port 80 (webserver)
>
> there are also rules to drop certain source addresses yet these
> addresses are still coming through

This is because iptables sees the natted addresses...

> how can they be dropped?

not sure, but I think that it'll work when you specify the outside
interface... For example: if you want to drop the http requests from
w.x.y.z then your rule should look like:

iptables -A FORWARD -i <your external interface> -s w.x.y.z -p tcp --dport 80 -j DROP

Again: I am not sure of this to work, but it might be worth a shot.

Hope this helps,
	Kristof

--
Digital fingerprint: F56F F987 0E0C AFF8 0B6D  7CA1 F152 E07D 72AF 337B