Should I use Snort/PortSentry?

Hello,

Is there any point in using tools like Snort and PortSentry on my laptop
machine? Granted, I am paranoid :-). However, I have a pretty limited array
of ports open...

I use iptables to block all incoming packets on ppp0 except those that are
ESTABLISHED/RELATED, and those that are coming to the ssh or auth ports (I
use SSH occasionally to connect to my machine from elsewhere). There is the
webserver running (for documentation), but all other ports are closed to
any interfaces other than loopback.

So, are any network/port-related tools useful?

Thanks.
-Rob

--
Key fingerprint = 9296 627F 9D12 0C38 1946  C94F A7E9 C6C8 2B3C 7FE3