Re: MAC-based ssh

Hans van Leeuwen <email@hanz.nl> writes:
> My company has created an application that allows remote users to
> edit their DNS-records. This app needs to restart bind on the remote
> nameservers.

I think this is the wrong solution.  A better idea is a cron job on
the nameserver periodically reloading the zone files (which are what
you're editing, right?).  Another solution, requiring more work, is to
use secure dynamic updates (as detailed by RFC 3007).

--
Espen Wiborg <espenhw+debian-security@empolis.no>
Do not meddle in the affairs of gurus,