Re: [despammed] Re: Secure remote syslogging?

You could hardcode the MAC using static arp entries. Also, you could
just broadcast on the logger interface (which doesn't require an ARP
lookup, it just uses the broadcast MAC).

My concerns with this approach (although I like the sound of it) is that
it might fsck up your media detection (eg: is the cable plugged in?)
which I think some cards do. I'm also pretty sure this doesn't work with
100Mb.

Alternatives: (the traditional line printer was already mentioned), any
sort of write-only media will do the trick (eg: CD-RW). You might have
to flush batches of log entries to the CD for it to work. I'm not sure
what min packet size on UDF FS is.

There are probably other cool tricks you could employ.

Adam