Re: Secure remote syslogging?

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 08:52:10PM +0200, Jose Luis Domingo Lopez wrote:

> The implementation consisted in syslog-ng logging to a pipe (using a
> template for "SQL output"), which is depleted from an ever running PERL
> script that executes the SQL sentences in the remote server through a
> secure SSH tunnel. The only thing left to do would be some kind of
> "sanitization" of the SQL inserts, to avoid potentially harmful "SQL
> injections".

You're right at this point.  Also, I'd like to note that should
your script ever crash, you won't be able to restart and catch up
again because the pipe would be closed and s-ng would just
constantly get -EPIPE.  Consider using unix domain sockets
instead.

> Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.5.68)

I see you like challenging fate :)

bit,
adam

--
1024D/37B8D989 954B 998A E5F5 BA2A 3622  82DD 54C2 843D 37B8 D989
finger://borso@vekoll.vein.hu | Some days, my soul's confined