Re: Snort signature download script

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 12:52:58PM +0200, Konstantin Filtschew wrote:
> hi,
>
> there is a signature download script posted on
>
> from http://www.xssass.be
>
> I tried it, but he tells me, that the md5 checksum is wrong

Ah... :(
There was a bug in the script... We did correct the script already, but
apparently, we did not put the new script online. I will do this as soon
as I finished typing this mail :)

The script that will be available within a few minutes (same location:
http://www.xssass.be/updateSnort) works fine for snort 2.0.0. We use it with
that version and it updates perfectly without any troubles. We just can't
assure you that it will work with snort 1.9.x, but because of security reasons,
we would advise everybody to switch to snort 2.0.0 anyway.

> you can download the script from here: http://www.xssass.be/updateSnort
> who can tell me anything about the script and it's quality

My friend and I wrote the script...
It's a perlscript, and it works fine... It downloads the new rules from the
snort website, as well as the md5 checksum... If the checksum matches, it will
download and install the new rules. Then alter the snort.conf file to include
the new rules, and restart snort.

Kind regards,
	Kristof

--
Digital fingerprint: F56F F987 0E0C AFF8 0B6D  7CA1 F152 E07D 72AF 337B