RE: own kernel vs debian kernel (was: ptrace exploit)

> What you say here may lead to confusion. A monolithic kernel doesn't give you added security toward a modular kernel. To > make the kernel a little bit more secure I'd use grsecurity (ie to prevent code injection, syscall hijacking and so on).

the linux kernel IS monolithic no matter if you enable loadable modules or not. if you
use modules, it doesn't change the basic structure of the kernel (it is monolithic by design). i think disabling modules on a secure machine is a good idea, but using  grsecurity is strongly recommended.

Gergely Trifonov   mailto:gergely.trifonov@indweb.hu
System Administrator

IND - Interactive Net Design     http://www.indweb.hu
Széchenyi u. 70.       H - 3530 Miskolc        Hungary
Phone: +36 46 505 106            Fax: +36 46 505 107
Mobile: +36 20 5199 114

!Please install IND CA Certificate as TRUSTED CA!
                  https://www.indweb.hu/IND.crt