Re: ptrace exploit

Birzan George Cristian wrote:
On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 10:52:47AM +0200, Maurizio Lemmo - Tannoiser wrote:

On sabato 12 aprile 2003, alle 06:45, Birzan George Cristian wrote:

This might be a stupid question, I know, but, why isn't there a patch
for the ptrace exploit, for the Woody kernel-source?

I'll backport the patch for the same reason (realibility of 2.4.18).
The people that use it, didn't yell yet, so i guess it's working :)

Nono, that's not what I'm asking... My question is, literally, _why_
doesn't woody have such a patch? (I applied it on my systems, I'm just
wondering why there isn't an official patch for this (Official for
Debian).

Perhaps, because there was no bug report against these packages?!