Logcheck, Logsentry, LogRider etc.

Hi,

I read on this list that several people are using logcheck, right? Is
this still up2date? Somewhere on the net I found that it was followed
by logsentry from Psionic - but this company doesn't seem to exist
anymore. Afaik logsentry at last was also free. And does anybody know
something about LogRider
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/logrider/?topic_id=253)?

So generally:
I'm looking for a good log-monitoring-tool - not only for Debian-
systems (at least I'm honest) so I need to be able to also compile
and package it again myself for different systems.

Could you give me any advice, explain why Psionic was taken over by
cisco etc.? And where can I find current homepages for logcheck,
logsentry etc.?

Thank you
 Stefan