Re: Daylight Saving

Quoting Martynas Domarkas (md@hansa.lt):

> Hi, can somebody tell me in what hour exactly computers clock is ajusted
> because of DST in Debian/Woody? Or maybe is this change independent from
> OS?

It's independent of OS in the sense that Linux distributions, like many
*ixes, use the public-domain tz time-zone database and related utilities
(see tzselect(1), and Web pages at http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm).
The compiled zone data live in /usr/share/zoneinfo, but you'll probably
want to look at the source files:
ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/tzdata2003a.tar.gz  (File gets updated from
time to time, and therefore changes filenames.)

You'll find there a set of time rulesets for various parts of the world,
including rulesets that specify the details of DST changeovers.

--
Cheers,                        A: No.
Rick Moen                      Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?