Re: PTRACE Fixed?

Hello!

Is the 2.4.20 kernel vulnerable to this exploit?

Phillip Hofmeister wrote:
All,

I just patched my kernel with the patch available on kernel.org.  I
downloaded, compiled and ran the km3.c exploit for this bug.  How can I
tell if the exploit failed or not?  When I run the exploit as non-root
it keeps starting children over and over again.  When I run it as root
it does the following:

Linux kmod + ptrace local root exploit by <anszom@v-lo.krakow.pl>

=> Simple mode, executing /usr/bin/id > /dev/tty
sizeof(shellcode)=95
=> Child process started..........
=> Child process started.+ 2131
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
- 2131 ok!

As non-root:

Linux kmod + ptrace local root exploit by <anszom@v-lo.krakow.pl>

=> Simple mode, executing /usr/bin/id > /dev/tty
sizeof(shellcode)=95
=> Child process started..........
=> Child process started..........
=> Child process started..........
=> Child process started..........
=> Child process started..........
=> Child process started..........
=> Child process started..........
=> Child process started..........
=> Child process started..........
=> Child process started..........
=> Child process started..........

Does this mean the patch I downloaded worked?

Thanks,