Re: machine monitoring packages

deb http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian woody/bunk-1 main contrib non-free

buzz:/etc/nagios# apt-cache search nagios
nagios-mysql - A host/service/network monitoring and management system.
nagios-pgsql - A host/service/network monitoring and management system.
nagios-text - A host/service/network monitoring and management system.

contains backported nagios-from-testing, and it gets updated pretty quickly, and works well.

I rolled a .deb of the nagios-plugins from nagios.sf.net, which I then had to make entries for those plugins in /usr/share/nagios/pluginconfig, though, as update-nagios is run each time.

-g

--
Glen Mehn	glen@burningman.com
"if you ever swallow the universe, remember to spit the dragon