Re: antivirus scanning facility

Mathieu Laurent wrote:

Hello,

My mail servers use exiscan with exim3 on woody. The antivirus scanner is uvscan from McAfee.

Since the beginning of this week, I see that there are virus not detected by uvscan (with virus signature file up-to-date). There are a new version of uvscan on McAfee Website. This release use "libstdc++.so.2.8" and the lib in debian is "libstdc++.so.3.x". When I launch this new version, the program stops because the libstdc++.so.2.8 doesn't exists.

My questions are: How I can install this library without break the libraries on my servers and which antivirus programs do you use to scan your mail. There are commercial solutions as McAfee uvscan, Sophos Sweep, ... Exist there antivirus free and opensource?

Mathieu

Hi,

Dont know about free and opensource, but I've installed and used RAV which is a linux email scanner with antispam and content filtering. I installed it at the ISP I used to work for, was originally running it under qmail (waste of time that peice of software is !:( ) but have just upgraded it to sendmail libmilter, the install it easy and the config is too, there are 35 - 40 domains being scanned without (fingers crossed) any virus getting through so far(been running for 18months). I orginally looked at other software but most were either microsoft installs or did not easily do domain scanning rather then mailbox scanning. There is a 30day trial for 2 domains from their website.... www.ravantivirus.com. if you need any help with it.... give me a shout !;)

   - Regards -

            Gabe