Re: scrollkeeper loading external (online) DTD

hello sebastien..

Received at 2003-01-08 / 23:10 by Sebastien Chaumat:

>  The xbill package contains : /usr/share/gnome/help/xbill/C/xbill.xml
>
>  In this file the DTD is refered by an absolute external link :
>
> <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
>     "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd";
>
>  Thus : scrollkeeper-update blindly connect to www.oasis-open.org to get
> the docbookx.dtd.
>
>  I can trust signed debian packages but I can't trust
> www.oasis-open.org.
>
> More than 18 files in /usr/share/gnome/help/ induce this download.
>
> I'am about to make bug report against scrollkeeper (for acting blindly,
> and dowloading the same file more than once) and against packages that
> provides the xml files (for using external DTD instead of provinding
> it)...
>
> Your opinion?

file a bug report against xbill (and the others). there are (or were) some
issues with libxml2, check bug #153720.
you can tell the maintainer to include something like this in
debian/rules (target config.status):

find -name *.xml -exec perl -i -pe 's,http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd,/usr/share/sgml/docbook/dtd/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd,' {} \;

the gnome-applets package does it this way.

bye,
 sebastian

--
::: sebastian henschel