Re: VPN question

Andrea Frigido wrote:

Alle 19:07, lunedì 18 novembre 2002, Lionel Elie Mamane ha scritto:

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 07:02:59PM +0100, Andrea Frigido wrote:

kernel-patch-freeswan-ext UNSTABLE package or kernel-patch-freeswan
STABLE package?

This package exists only in unstable.

Err... I've read a bit too fast. I didn't see you were comparing -ext
in unstable and non-ext is stable.

Do you think the unstable package is the better choice however?

Yes. It tracks Freeswan stable releases, contains many bug fixes,
etc. I use it and am happy with it.

OK, now I install kernel-patch-freeswan-ext package, thanks :)
It is compatible with kernel 2.4.18 or I need to use the kernel 2.4.19?

Using stable - works fine. But I want to include crypto-patches from kerneli.org as well (offering me crypted loop-blockdevices)- and these patches seem to clash with the freeswan ones. I want both since freeswan offers more functionality right now.

Anobody have a solution?

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com