Re: security updates for testing?

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 08:14, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously martin f krafft wrote:
> > give me an estimate (someone) on how much manpower is required to
> > provide this service for testing?
>
> As usual that is pretty much impossible to say. In busy periods it might
> be two mandays per week, in more quiet periods (of which there are less
                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> and less) no time at all.
  ^^^^^^^^^

> Wichert.

Alas, Wichert's remark is all too true.  I would be willing to help out
with providing security updates to testing, but from what I'm seeing at
work about the increasing aggressiveness of the blackhats and the volume
of package traffic from unstable to testing, I don't hink it's really
feasible to go beyond using security-STABLE and hoping that the versions
stay close enough to get the major holes.

Best regards,

--
There is no problem that cannot be resolved by the appropriate
application of high explosives.

Public key available at: http://gnv.us.ks.cryptnet.net/,
Key ID: A015B18D, or finger ninewands@ninewands.dyndns.org