Re: Debian kernel update?

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 09:43, Johann Spies wrote:

> Can we expect something similar from Debian?  Or if not, how can we
> protect our systems in another way?

I don't know much about the issues involved, but I have noted that
2.4.20-rc2 is out, and if I understand the changelogs right (which I
may not, since I'm a newbie and not a kernel hacker... :-) ), the
problem was fixed in this prerelease.

Personally, I'm dropping by kernel.org every other day now hoping to see
2.4.20 released. I need to reconfigure a couple of things in the kernel
anyway, but I might as well do it in this release.

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo