Re: spam

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 12:07:11PM +1030, Tom Cook wrote:
> On  0, Hanasaki JiJi <hanasaki@hanaden.com> wrote:
> > Sure are.. I am just getting going with SA.  Anyone able to help me
> > update exim4.conf to do the follow?
> > 	- bounce the spam back like it failed to deliver
> > 	- send a copy to the target user
> > 	- send a copy to some other address, in additionto the above
I'm not sure what you want to do, but if you want to filter spam, you
shouldn't multiply it. Notifying target user and sending a copy to other
ppl is quite unnecessary and waste of bandwidth.
Trying to notify the sender may be unnecessary too: spammers use
non-existing mailbox names and if you generate an automaticed reply,
your mailbox get's filled with Mail Deliverity Errors. In the other
side, in this case sender gets a report message, lowering the risk
you miss something important.

Daniel

--
Daniel "asd" Vasarhelyi