Re: Multiple SSL Virtualhosts on Apache 1.3

On Tuesday, 2002-11-05 at 11:00:46 +0100, DEFFONTAINES Vincent wrote:

> I managed to create several Virtualhosts on a apache-ssl (1.3) server (same
> IP, same port, several names).

> The "trick" is to use the same Certificate for every Virtualhost, which will
> of course generate a warning on browsers, due to certificate not matching
> most of the sites names. But it does work.

You can't use name-based virtual hosts with different certificates
because SSL processing is done before the HTTP headers are transferred,
and name-based virtual hosts are selected based on the header line
"Host:".

When you use address-based virtual hosts, the certificates are associated
with individual addresses, and are available "at the right time".

Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| Big Misunderstandings #6398: The Titanic was not supposed to be        |