Re: DHCP

hi andrew

i think you want  at least one level of protection against dhcp
	- prevent any tom, dick and harry from creating havoc
	by running their rootkits by connecting their laptop to the
	network

	- it is bad to allow just anybody plug in their laptops
	with all the fun virus' and rootkits and let them run amuck
	and than disappear after causing major "email traffic: what
	happened"  and have to go fix it ( whatever they did )

	- all you know is somebody plugged something in at a ip# or
	mac address

- i like setting up a dummy 386 machine that uses up all the unused
  ip#   to prevent people from picking arbitrary ip# that they
  should NOT be using ( that is supposedly available )

- spoofing and other techie stuff requires one more year of school
  and yes... that is lot harder to prevent by the determined hacker
  or employee-that-wanna-get-around-the-dumb-security-policy

c ya
alvin