Re: Apache Security Release

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:16:23AM -0400, Phillip Hofmeister wrote:

> It seems to me that many recent updates have included packages for
> potato, woody, and sig (sarge?).  Is this trend going to continue?
>
> I thought sid/sarge was unsupported...

Looks closely, and you will see that the updates do not include packages for
testing(sarge) or unstable(sid), but often mention the relevant version
numbers as a convenience to users.  Usually, these are normal maintainer
uploads and are not directly related to the advisory.

However, there is one situation where an upload to unstable will be made as
part of the advisory process.  Sometimes it happens that the version in
testing/unstable is the same as the version in stable.  In these cases, the
testing/unstable version must be superseded in order to allow a new version
to enter stable-security or stable.  If this cannot be performed by the
maintainer due to confidentiality issues or unresponsiveness, then the
security team will do it.

--
 - mdz