RE: Netstat port list v/s PID

Tom Cook <tom.cook@adelaide.edu.au> wrote:
>> BTW: netstat vs. lsof:
>>
>> netstat is more likely to be installed than lsof, and only shows relevant
>> items when you are wondering about net connections to process IDs.
>
>What irrelevant items does 'lsof -i' show?

To horribly abuse the infamous quote (which is likely misquoted, since
it's coming from me :)
"You are a better man than I, Gunga Din"

You have a point.  I shall remember that for future use.

(I learn something new every day!  Which is actually a fair testiment to
the members of this list.)

However, netstat is still more likely available... (Since, IIRC, it is
installed by default when you do a network-capable Debian install.)

-Ian