Re: export problems on security updates?

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 22:21:31 +0200, Alberto Cortés wrote:
> Since I am not living in the US, and some security updates deals with
> cryptographic software, I understand that it will be illegal for me
> downloading these updates from outside of the USA.

The USA's export restrictions on cryptographic software have been loosened
quite a bit; see http://www.debian.org/legal/cryptoinmain for details.

> In other words, is http://security.debian.org/ located outside the US?.

Yes. Security.debian.org is satie.debian.org which is hosted on a network of
the University of Twente, the Netherlands.

HTH,
Ray
--
Windows 2001: "Oh my god, it is full of bugs"