Re: harden-clients idea

also sprach Peter Cordes <peter@llama.nslug.ns.ca> [2002.10.08.2008 +0200]:
> It uses the telnet protocol, not just a raw TCP connection, so netcat is
> inadequate.

netcat can negotiate telnet connections with the -t option. unless you
are using very ancient terminal types, netcat is a complete substitute
for telnet.

> It would be nice if you could use SSH for it, but you can't.
> I don't think they have the CPU power to handle SSH.  (One of the
> library admins is on the local LUG mailing list, so I don't think
> incompetence is a problem :)

being on a LUG mailing list doesn't mean anything. in fact, in most
cases it's quite the opposite...

"der besitz der wahrheit ist nicht schrecklich,
 sondern langweilig, wie jeder besitz."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche